Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thin Places



Thin places are a good thing.

I thought ..... when i picked up a book by Mary De Muth ..... thin places meant bad places.

But they aren't at all. Mary (who is an author i adore) describes 'thin places' as places where heaven and the physical world collide, where we see a holy glimpse of the eternal. Kind of like a-ha moments, places or moments where we see God.

I will write more another time, but i see thin places when i see my babies and when i'm having fun. Sometimes i hear Him when my beautiful girls talk to me, or draw, or question life.



I love the fun, i love the people. I love seeing God in them.




I'm reading Mary De Muths 'Thin Places', a memoir. She is a woman who has seen a lot in her life and somehow can look back and see where God was. She also looks at now and sees where He is.

Sometimes i'm so unsure of where I am. I am challenged at how to allow Him to invade the current reality i am living in whether it's just confusion with day to day life, hard decisions to make or just simply the disaster that may be happening right here and now on any given day.

Hope you are seeing Him in whatever you're doing. May our eyes be open.

Congrats Hannah on your grad! You clever lady.




1 comment:

Fiona said...

I love these photos of the girls! So pretty