Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The sun will come out tomorrow .....

  .......  and it truly did.
So much so that we all looked like little red lobsters!  Well the girls red turned immediately to beautiful olive tan and mine still hurts a little. 


We got to zoom around on my brothers jetski at some faraway beach.  He took me right out to where the ocean meets the inlet area we were in and i had the time of my life!


I am so glad the sun is out.  Don't blame it on the sunshine though - too much can be hard work!
Girls spent 4 hours in the pool this morning. They got out for lunch, and then got straight back in basically. they are loving it. K has taught herself to dive, with some adult help.  L is loving the flippers and the fun of bombing into the water.  Go girls! It's just about 8pm and the girls have jumped in for a midnight swim with their uncle jeremy!


I've been thinking over the past few days how great it truly is to be away from the distractions of home and the attention it needs.  I've been able to indulge in reading and other relaxing things that come with holiday.  There are plenty of adults around so there is no lack of help with children.  
I've also noticed how i've felt a little closer to cracking.  Tears or whatever. feelings of vulnerability and the like. I'm wondering if it's the lack of distraction or busy-ness that can cause one to come closer to the surface of their life or closer to themself.  At times i've felt maybe it's the bigger city i'm staying in and feeling like i'm just a little pea out of a big pod. I also think i've felt alone more, not able to share the fun thoughts or hard things with another who knows you so well.  


I love God's timing.  I heard a message on Sunday about Him, the great one.  The Great I Am.  He is. He is God and that's that.  It was much better than those few phrases i've written.  I was also reading something in the book of Luke about how Jesus was coming and how he was the Main character and us being the stagehands.  Something stirred in me about putting God first again, trusting him. Not trying to  rule my life or control my circumstances but allowing Him to be the one that I turn to immediately, trusting or crying out to him.  


I'm asking him to flood me or change me or clean me (all of those things) from the inside-out.  Last year was a good year but i ruled a lot of my life in reflection.  It says in the Bible that my maker cares and loves, forgives and carries.  I am hopeful that this time away, even in the uncomfortable sunny or rainy weather, can boost me toward Him and help me to walk holding his hand, not dragging Him behind as a mere afterthought.


It's time to put the girls in bed.  Precious ones have hardly seen their ma today ....  hoping the sun will come out tomorrow again for me to jump in that pool!

No comments: