Thursday, October 6, 2022

stop should'n on yourself .......


Just been reminded of some pretty important truths.  been having a 'downy' time (trying to be mum of the year and failing miserably, feeling overwhelmed by all that parenting alone seems to bring). Needed some 'upppy' reminders, not in the form of pills bought in a back street.


Here are some uppers that encouraged me: 
Stop should-in on yourself - love that. Stop saying I should  .........  Stop doing stuff out of obligation in other words.  Such a big difference in doing stuff cause you feel you should as opposed to doing stuff because you want to or because it gives you life .....


Some of my favo guy friends spent time encouraging me this week - J talked about how we are called Human beings, not Human doings.  J and his family and other randoms call me 'super Sarah'. He told me he calls me that because he thinks I do a good job as being the  'parents' on my own. I was so encouraged as i listened, tears glistening the face (or maybe mascara running down my cheek!).  Mark reminded me that it was actually OK to be feeling what i was feeling.  So good.  
I'm thinking that something really shifted for me when i had a moment with these pals.  Lack of the husband, the help-mate in times like this, having reminders or encouragement from him, has been hugely noted as a missing ingredient in the recipe of me doing LIFE.  Maybe it is being quicker to ask for advice or opening myself up - "do you think I'm doing too much?" or "do you think my expectations are a bit ridiculous?" 


I had wanted to text my precious Christchurch friend for some prayers that same day.  Alas another earthquake happened and i felt not to pressure her.  Anywho ....... she rang that night and we had a good chat and she so wasn't pressured to pray with me.  Something shifted for me.  This beautiful Chch friend spoke some words of life to me, ever so softly. 


Silly Sarah - this is like the third time ish this has happened this year.  My passion/vibe for life gets squashed in the crazy-haze of life-alone.   Burn-out happens-ish.  
Soooooooo being aware and open to not do as much, to evaluate what i'm doing and what gives me life is the next step towards a life that's not should-in on myself.  BUT i'm also aware that things have been established in my mind for eons so this will take some process, some time, some help even.  And Yes, that is OK. 


Funny note to end - always got to have something to laugh about.
My precious younger babe asked me if i ever didn't wear a bra.  After commenting she suggested that tomorrow be 'bra-free' day.  Love her and her sense of humour!

No comments: