Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lavish love



This is prob the last one, not that I’ve written many recently, that I’ll do until we are visiting London. And then I don’t even know what internet use I’ll get there! We leave in a week. Wowzers, so much to do. I’m really looking forward to being with my family. It represents closeness, acceptance, the bond of blood but also of love. I’m looking forward to what God may do through me but mostly what He will allow me to see and understand of Him. I feel it will be a great time away from the sad normality of our life this year, to hear from Him.
It’s a funny thing telling people we’re going. London sounds like a famous, fabulous place to be going. But truthfully the thing I’m most please about with our planned excursion, is to be with my family. I also feel a loss with going (this possibly sounds particularly selfish when first heard, but it’s the realness of my heart), that we aren’t going as a complete family. D won’t be with us. Yes it’s a wonderful and exciting opportunity. It also has a hint of emotion, of which I can’t quite express very well.
This last week we were all sick. That really sucked. But amongst it there were some cool things, like K serving us as L and I lay on the couch – she got us water and wrapped blankets over us etc. Very sweet.
Later that week I watched as 4 year old L was watching a movie. At the same time it amused me that she was able to balance herself on her drinkbottle while watching. So clever. K, the older one, told me the first swear word she had learnt. She said it slowly and with a slight bit of glee. I replied: if you ever say that again, you’ll have your mouth washed out with soap (or piri piri seasoning which a friend told me was a goodie!) and then I said “thank you so much for telling mummy about that”. It was a good moment of parenting – firm but also gracious, I think.
I hope to write a bit about what God has done this year for me, before 08 ends, but here is a glimpse of a blessing: 21 red roses, whoever gets given that amount? That’s what I keep thinking,. I did. I got given 21 red roses. I went out for coffee with the friend and florist later that week and said my thanks (words are hard to find with such lavishness). This new friend explained she had overordered, by a-lot and was asking God why. She felt to give them to me and to explain that God wanted to show his lavish love to you this way Sarah, and to remind you that He has not forgotten you. A few tears came. That was pretty special. Very special.

No comments: