Monday, January 5, 2009

Mattchew




Wow Matt. You are an incredible man. I think of you with such a big smile. You have lit up my life while I’ve been with you. I’ve kind of felt like a ‘groupie’ as I’ve just wanted to be round you. You are kindly spoken. You are tough when you need to be, with the girls or others. You have a hilarious and naughty sense of humour. I adore that. These are all things I knew but how refreshing they are.
You ask great questions and you don’t mind tears. You allow crying and don’t seem to freak out but perhaps even join in. It is a wonderful thing to cry with someone. Not a weakness but a strength.
You have cared for us like a ‘dad’ would, maybe like a husband would (that’s a bit weird to say as you’re my bro!). I have wished before, that I married someone just like you. I can’t change who I married but I really like your role model of a ‘man’. I know you’re not perfect either. But I thank you for the ‘man’ you are growing to be.
There are many things we can try to achieve in life, but to be someone that loves people, is a true asset. People are so important. You love people, even the weird ones.
Thank you for loving me. I am so glad you are my brother and my friend. I thank you for asking the right questions and for being OK with hard answers. I thank you for your advice, for your wisdom. The stories you tell, even if I’ve heard them before, are so fresh. They crack me up and make me feel more part of your world.
Love u, sez
PS we are quite old now aye!

No comments: