Thursday, December 10, 2009

go away dragon lady

Wow i've done 109 posts, that seems impressive as i would have given up writing a diary way before 109 posts. Well done me.
I'm not worried at all about the christmas rush (although i am hating some of the traffic) as i've enjoyed making wee cute things to give people and the rush (that comes from giving) of doing that outweighs the work of it, i'm thinking.
But somewhere along the way, i seem to be a psycho mum, waaaaay too much.
I'm trying to focus on the 'calm' response. It's harder as my natural tendency is not that, at present. I think about being a fun mum as i'm having a melt down and that just annoys me. "Oh God (i speak to him) please help my kids still like me".
they leave in just over a week for ausi with their dad. i think i'm dreading it still and seem to be behaving badly because of that stress. ahhh it doesn't make sense. And i really don't want them to not like their mum. And then that stresses me.
And then a bird pooped on my head - yip it's true. I've had a week where my head has been the focus in my life - nits, my random crazy thoughts and now a poop. It was rather funny actually. all you can do is laugh. no photo sorry.
we head away on monday and that will be fab to be with my wonderful family. First time all together since the 'Sarah's marriage meltdown fiasco'. Ye ha. In amongst the fun of that, i hope i get moments of bliss with my girls. I want them to remember the nice lady who adores them so much.
I've talked to them simply about us being 'apart' at christmas. it goes kind of like this:
"remember two things while you are away: Remember the Lord and that he loves you no matter which country you are in. And remember your mum who loves you ......"
Simple, heartwrenching, the truth.
Far better than psycho dragon lady.

No comments: