Sunday, December 6, 2009

long lost sarah writes in


These things have been happening in the house of us:

girls and I had an afternoon with some friends making felt Christmas stockings. Crazy times with 7 kids sewing blanket stitch. The 5 year old boy was awesome at it. Liv was rather bored.

Been feeling a bit low in the evenings these last few weeks but had some people round for cook book club on thurs and realized I was isolating myself a bit at night and was glad of the hosting opportunity and the company.

Made these fritters: 1 C self-raising flour, 1 C milk and 1 egg plus grated courgette and carrot (you could add anything). A great mixture – cook them just like pikelets! The girls ate them which was cool (and of course they were threatened that I would eat their slice of bacon if they didn’t devour one vege fritter!).

I am frequently having to wear those granny undie thingies which apparently hold in all your extra buldge so your jeans fit proper. Yeah, nice but can hardly breathe at end of day and need to rip those babies right off! Lower riding jeans are all good apart from that muffin at the top!

Nits. Oh my goodness. I can hardly talk about them but I have seen many a nit over this weekend. My hair is now a darker chocolate brown colour and I’m just about to straighten the lot as to try and kill off any of the little blighters that might be hanging on. Poor wee one has had them in her thick hair so we’re trying the routine of creaming and combinb each night along with straightening. She looks delicious with straight hair. Emmm what fun. Not.



Making fudge (Nigella style – 400g chocolate, 1 tin condensed milk and 2 T butter melted in a pot. Add pistachios or whatever you like – I add apricots to the chocolate one and craisins to the white chocolate.
Set in a tray but with baking paper as that makes it really really easy to cut and get out). Hoping to give it to neighbours and friends for Christmas in these tins (recycle tins, remove label, paint white and glue christmasy ribbon on.



Easy, cheap, love it!).



What a winner – I won a spot prize (a fairy down pillow) at our church volunteer dinner last night.
Then I won the ‘peoples choice’, ‘volunteer of the year’. Cool nice surprise. Girls are very proud.



We’re reading this book at the moment, the story of our heritage in God.
It’s a really cool kids thing, to remind them of their history in the story of God and his love for us. Hoping it will become a regular each year!

Our Garden is growing, we can officially eat our own grown lettuces! Everyone is very excited. First time ever for me.

People going to talk to D today re him leaving us. Good people. People from our body of churches. Wondering what they said, wish i could truly be a fly or better yet a pretty ornament in the room, listening, observing.

As was feeling low this week, i roused myself to do some more prayers and reading of God's word. That was a good remedy. Psalm 121 (even quoted in the Sound of music) - I lift my eyes up, to the mountains, where does my help come from? It comes from the maker of heaven and earth who does not slumber or sleep over you......

Volunteering at my church has been so great. Doing something for others make you think less of your own turmoil and bless others. Such a good move on the chessboard of our lives. To give.

Hope your weekends have been good - maybe some sunshine, a magic show (yip got to go to one of those which was AMAZING!), some Christmas cheer or maybe just relaxing!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a nice looking blog
God Bless You

Amy said...

You are such a darling. Miss you.