Friday, February 5, 2010

hello toothies



Hey my precious girls.
Toothie one and Toothie two (or three as you have 3 out at the same time! how windy it must be in your mouth!).
You may never get to read this, or maybe you will but this one's for you.

I had such a fun time this afternoon doing the fancy pantsy afternoon t. I'd tried all week to do it and after such a dreadful start to our Fri with me doing a grand rant, i was glad i had planned it for today.

You squeeled with delight and were full of thanks. The garden was even done so we were surrounded by a cleared environment and a few green tomatoes. You have been doing so well and are amazing wee girls.


This has been a hard few years and I am so sorry that you have had it rough. I always wanted (and thought it 100 percent possibility) that you would grow up in a nice wee cocoon. Or at least grow up with both parents and perhaps a dog. I never imagined that your daddy would choose a different path to lead and not be with us. That is pretty tough for an adult to grasp let alone two cute sweet-hearts like yourselves.

But golly, you have done amazingly well. You are courageous and brave, strong in heart and conviction and lovers of great fun and family times, despite the sadness of 08/09 ........
I am very proud of you. I am convinced and have seen it already, that what was planned for 'no good', God will use for great. I know that the pain and broken-ness we have felt together, will be able to help others in some way. And I also know that our God has good plans for us.

You have been a great help to your old mum and i am so glad of you both. You and your crazy teeth make me smile a lot and i wouldn't be the same without you. Thanks for singing, dancing, loving, and caring for me. Thanks for praying, for sharing, for weeping, with me. Thanks for your love for God too. Thanks for catching me out in my crazy ways and helping lead me in a better direction.

My mum, your Grandma, said something great when we first moved to Palmy. She said we needed to enjoy our life, whilst waiting for your dad to decide if he was going to join us again. And we have done that. We have lived and will keep doing that together. What great advice i can pass onto you - no matter what is going on, we can still choose to live life and live it well.
We can forgive, love, care, heal and walk together.


My heart has always been that daddy would choose to be with me again, so we could be a family. I'm sorry if he doesn't choose that. And even though i can't change that, I can still keep choosing great choices for our family. And we will keep choosing Him, our God, and we will keep choosing to live no matter what comes our way.

Love you my babes, Liv i can't believe you are going to be 6 on Tues! Wahooooooo

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, what a busy tooth fairy!

Seriously SJ, your little tribe of three are an incredible unit of joy to know. You have journeyed so well to this point and regardless of what decision is made, I know that the future holds sheer delight for you. Be blessed my friend, this day, tomorrow and the days to come. May they rest easy like a beautiful cloak upon your shoulders. You are an extra-ordinary mother and friend. Love you xxx

Fiona said...

Chey wants to know if the tooth fairy comes to New Zealand? Loving the missing teeth look girls! So grown up

Love you all
xxx