Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Livster

Hello my lovely girl.

This is a week or so late, but it’s been loads of thoughts going around my head, all about YOU!

You turned 6. Wowsers.

You love hearing about when you were a baby and how you were a lovely surprise to your mummy and daddy. Well you are still full of wonderful surprises.

You say the funniest things – tonight you talked to your hamburger bun at dinner time, introducing it as a noodle bun, as you politely shoved 2 minute noodles into it. K and I laughed.

You talk to me about how you like my hair – you start to say I look better without a fringe but then you seem to think that’s rude so you tell me it’s cool however I wear it. You are sensitive to others. I like that Liv.

You risk being told off by telling the truth. You want to be known to be truthful, especially in helping me parent. You correct me and mostly that is rather helpful. You take real joy in other peoples happiness. You love hearing their news and congratulating them. I love it when you offer your food or things to your sister. You are so kind.

At the moment you are desperate to be reading chapter books like your sister. When we read together in the morning (in my bed), silently, you join us with your special books from the library. They are smaller chapter books, real special liv!

At your birthday party you had 3 different nationalities. You love people and have a crazy mix of friends. I pray for lovely friends for you this year. People that you can love and people that will love you for who you are. Not just K’s friends. Your own special friends.

I love overhearing you talk to yourself. It’s so funny! You put on funny voices at the dinner table to entertain us. You can laugh at yourself.

You are serious. You are sensitive. You are loud and you are quiet. You are a beautiful mix Liv. I pray that I can help you have a super year being 6. I am so proud of you. You are a wonderful student at school and a fun girl to be with at home. I also hope we can master riding a bike this year and that you can keep growing in God and his ways.

He loves you so much Liv. You know that too which I’m glad of. You pray to him with such a big heart – you tell Him he is wonderful and powerful and Worthy. It is so cute listening and so encouraging. You are a pretty girl, my beautiful princess.

I am so happy being your mum. Have a great year being 6. Enjoy every moment – that’s what I’ll be telling you. Love mum

No comments: