Thursday, April 22, 2010

Where art thou oh Sarah?

I've been out all week.
I haven't been home much at all.
I've been having loads of fun of course but I haven't seemed to connect my head with my heart.
I'm not quite sure where I'm at, not that i'm feeling i'm in a bad way.
But i feel a bit absent. Like a person not being home all week, i feel like i've not been home to myself for a few weeks.



So i've decided to connect with thanksgiving first. Basic but true. Kind of all i feel i can connect with today. So here goes. Love the above magazine - 'Dorothy got it right, home is where the heart is'.

Loving this new album, new to me anyway.

Loving thinking about doing this Family Bible reading plan with the girls. There is even a sticker pack to go with it. Anything to excite the young ones. www.e100nz.org.nz is the Bible Society's idea in how to get people back into reading the Bible. Cool idea. needed too.


I love this little area in my room.


I am in love with my bed dressing. The quilt has white stitching, ah bliss.



Solo by Eugene Peterson, is a daily Bible reading tool i use, sometimes not on a daily basis if truth be confessed. It's creative and different every day. It's based on Lecto Devino, an old-time practice of monks. It's another thing i love and am thankful for.


I'm so thankful for these spontaneous love letters.



I adore this wee pile of things. It's a mixture of sweet lovelies.


I am devouring these brazil nuts and almonds.



I'm liking watching these two a lot. They keep me grounded and i am a gratitude junkie when it comes to them.

Some of these things seem trivial. But in realising i need some time at home in my own space and with my own head, I feel comfort from these material things. They remind me about the place i love and how i can slip off my shoes and relax but also how i need, need, need to slip off my shoes, put my ugg boots on, grab a nice drink (and prob some nuts and chocolate) and take time to connect with what's going on. Also it's probably good to be home to vac the place!


Loving the Uggs

No comments: