Saturday, June 26, 2010

Some joys of lately ....


Pinwheels are indeed the blessed scone. If you ever get a chance to try a cinnamon danish from a bakery in New Zealand called 'bread works', heated for a few moments, then you will have found a deep joy that could quickly become an addiction (not speaking from experience?!).
I decided to give them a go, knowing they would be nothing like the buttery croisant texture of the breadworks ones, but hoping for some home-made delight. We really loved these, smothered in butter, but as i was eating one i had this extra thought - how about some glaze to go on top? The girls mouths were drueling. The glaze made them perfect. Dough, rolled out, cinnamon and brown sugar sprinkled, rolled up and cut, baked and then iced. Oh my goodness, easy-peasy yummy scrummy. Too many and they get called sinwheels. Even one from breadworks gets immediately called that.

I notice that i am constantly encouraged by others and that they have this amazing way of locking me into their stories and helping me see God in whatever they are going through. Amy, Claire and Pip, you lead me on a merry journey when we talk, drink coffee (or wine), eat, laugh or have melting faces. Adoration is what i feel when i'm with you special women.


This was a pretty special moment indeed. I had arrived back home at 1am after the sydney trip, and then woke at 7ish to see my babies and then get ready for a breakfast with two dear ones. We literally had a brief window to catch each other. Fi was flying out with Chey only hours after i had flown in. We hadn't seen each other for over two years.

Fiona has been my friend since she was very young (like 11 ish i think!) when she started coming to our youth group (with her bro and sis - i ended up marrying her bro) and we've been dear heart friends since then. It did my heart well, to be with you Fi. You are a wonderful and precious woman. I'm so glad we got to see one another again. Can't wait till the next time.

Joy comes in different ways - but to me it is often when i'm with people, listening to them, hearing their hearts or simply laughing with them. K said to me the other day, after the 7th time she'd got out of bed, that when i was finished with them, she'd like my boots. K normally never gets out of bed as she falls to sleep pretty quick. But this night i ended up sneaking in again and again just to have wee chats. There was something special about connecting with her on this level. L was happily sleeping in the bed next to K but as we whispered about fashion and fun, we connected. She also wanted my earrings and my necklaces. K loves my stuff, it was so cute. She thought her mum was cool. Hoping that will last when she is a teenager! Next day she dressed up for school, put this cool-as hat on and looked fab. Joy, you've got to watch out for it or you might miss it.


1 comment:

Brigitte said...

OOOOoooohhhhh I always love to read your blogs! They are so honest and beautifully written.
Yay for great friends you can just be real with - it's great to hear you have wonderful supportive women around you.
Wish I could just pop over for a coffee and a chat! Oh, and one of those sinwheels... ;-) xox