Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving day and the next




I do these crazy things.  I think up wee party ideas and invite people and then think, "oh what on earth will i do to theme it?" or "what food will we eat"?  All these thoughts are happening usually on the day or during the during the lead up to the party but this week has been hectic, so the thoughts came in the two hours before the party started!  It's amazing what you can do with a few moments.


But before the party info, i want to write about the thing I'm most thankful for and most humbled by, this week.  Kathy this is for you my beautiful friend.


After our final Religious Education session this morning, my partner in crime (Kathy Kathy) and I sat down to eat from the Lindt chocy box we'd been given and to read the long notes we'd been gifted.  Some of the comments are as follows, some of these bought tears to my eyes ......  It's all worth it.  The gospel (the good news of God) is so worth sharing.


 ...'The best thing about you guys teaching us in RE is ..... uh hm EVERYTHING!  You turn stories from the bible into fun and exciting things.  Since you read the story of Moses you inspired me to get a bible and read it for myself and I love it. I read it every night' .


...'I learned that God is with you wherever you are'


...'I've learned lots of things about the Lord and the stories and if you trust God he'll help you through bad times'


...'Thank you for being the X factor RE teachers of our room.  


....'It was really easy getting up on a Friday morning.  I learnt to trust God even when things are bad.'


....'I have learnt a lot of prayers from the Bible at RE.  My favourite one is the Lords prayer. It really got stuck in my head after that fun X-factor game you organised for us'....


....'I have learnt about god and Jesus more.  Thanks to Kathy i have started to go to church.  And Sarah, you make me laugh with your funny props'.


...'What I liked is that you taught us about God and I loved it.  I liked it when you were teaching me about God.  Now i can pray'. 


...'I really liked learning about the story of Moses because it taught us that everyone can be amazing and you don't have to do everything perfectly'.


I am humbled by the fact that little old us could share about God and that we get to see the fruit of that - kids lives being changed by the amazing truth of God - He cares, he answers prayers, He is with us. Some of the kids that wrote these letters, come from pain and heartache.  
Thanks Kathy for the fun ride we have together every Friday.  Thank you for being yourself and sharing the amazing gift you have, with us.  I learn heaps from you, I love working with you.  I love being your friend.


Thanksgiving evening was simple and fun - a few friends, we ate yummy things and read each others thanksgiving notes.  Loved it.  Hoping for some pumpkin pie next year maybe. Apparantly it tastes yummy.



Taking a moment to be thankful, with friends.












No comments: