Wednesday, November 17, 2010

hello, it's me again. long time i know .....

Amidst shifting house, a lot has happened.
Like for example the time when i was in a cafe (last week) and the whole street went quiet as some diplomat cars pulled up, body guards and important people got out.  I live in small-ish Palmy, NZ and it's not often we see the famous.  Anyway when the famous got out of the car, to come to the same cafe i attend, i didn't recognise him.  Yes, I did ask someone and they didn't know.  And Yes i did the thing i wished i hadn't - i asked the body guard.  In disdain he answered: He's the governor General of NZ.
Of course he is.  Good times.
Birthday parties.  We love those.  And we are always glad when they are over.



Tantrums in the couldersack.  I thought i was moving into this place to hopefully be a blessing to those around this area, who were in need.  But on Monday morning, just before school, as I chased my daughter down the couldersack (as she was running from home with her toys, two fav books and pocket money jar), whilst having a diabetic hypo, I realised i was the one in desperate need of help.  Funny now. Not funny AT ALL on that day.  Tears from all three of us, despair and worry.  I spent the day in shock as i felt like the whole neighbourhood had witness the explosion from our place.


This same wee lady has confessed today to me, whilst bike riding to our local fish'n'chip shop, she has had angry thoughts whizzing around her head lately.  So glad to hear that coming out of her mouth.  Now we can do something with that.  Not sure what, but God knows.


Little lady - she has had some beautiful thoughts lately as she's contemplated life again, without daddy.  She can hardly believe the truth of the fact he is not coming home.  But she did think he could pop home for a week and help me get pregnant and then leave again, as she'd quite like a baby around the place.  Nice thing that we've had random bunny rabbits turn up at our house frequently these last few weeks.  Hoping they will suffice the baby-craving!

This little lady said she had asked God for a husband for me (I am smiling about her kind thoughts) and she told me tonight that after she prayed in bed, God answered and said Yes He would provide a husband for the mother ("how did God say that to you?"  "Oh he just did mum!").

It's been ages since i've written and i've known i've wanted too for quite sometime.   Christmas is looming and i have bought no presents really. slacker, crazy, ridiculous. I feel this silly pressure coming on me, like there's just far too much stuff on and i'd rather lie down under a wee tree sipping some nice refreshment.  But that is life.

It has been a full-on few weeks but i'm so glad we moved now and not just before Christmas!  This new place is peaceful and very pleasant.  I've already had two good loads of firewood dropped off for us! I've had moments where i've felt exhausted and moments that i've laughed and loved.  I feel this place represents something new for us but i'm glad to take some of the tradition, ideas, funstuff with us to help us journey on.  If you're thinking of us, please pray esp for K.  I am hoping for breakthrough with her so she doesn't have to carry  sadness around in the form of anger.  Praying that I'll be able to be wise and helpful too, whilst not losing my mind!  No more fireworks from her or anyone would be much appreciated! ta, always xx


1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh babe! So cute (not for you at the time) but one day we'll roar with laughter at her 21st about the funny, dear, fiery things K did :)
Praying for her hot little heart - that grief would not sharpen into anger but that instead she would find comfort and reassurance, be able to get the grief out in a safe way and grow through this into a beautiful woman of compassion.