Sunday, September 11, 2011

love these cow-gals!!


Make-up, costumes, candy floss and more of that goodness made for a recent fun evening out.
Eating K-bars, bobbing for apples, riding a mechanical bull along with other western stuff was right up these lassies alleys.  Tickled pink.


My heart kind of stopped this last week with some things that came flying our way.
Felt like I was experiencing a ride on that mechanical bull all week (having only my imagination to picture or feel what that would be like as I'd missed out on my turn due to the denim number i was wearing that evening)

Things that made me feel insignificant and a tiny bit useless. A bit agro at my babes.
Things that made me want to hire a hit-man (a kind one) to get my kids back into line!!



One was over-tired and therefore rather sensitive to anything out of the ordinary.  I reacted like a bull in a china shop.  Hillarious for on-lookers or perhaps an eye opening experience.





A mum of three older girls came round and gently encouraged me with her wisdom of sensitive 
cow-girls who are parenting slightly different than others .....



And another one had been causing girli-fights at skool and when sent information about this via text message, I went a bit flappy again. Ah my wee girls weren't behaving (he he)!

This kind of stuff throws me off a bit, i tend to over-react and then want to run for the hills.
Prayer with others, encouragement and hindsight, truth and perspective .....
are all things that helped our week feel like it was just a bump in the road of our lives
and that my sweet pink-lipped gals 
are pretty normal. 
It's probably their mum that needs her head read more!
I really appreciated my friend popping round to talk about parenting.  I loved asking another to pray when i was on the phone with her.  Thanks Shell. 
 Any thoughts/ideas/prayers etc are always welcome here!





4 comments:

Amy said...

Dearest darling you - praying that you will find the serenity to be unflappable as those cowgirls practice growing up. You are an amazing, amazing mum and they are blessed and well loved kiddos. Hugs to you xxx

Choppy said...

Gosh I have had plenty of moments with my lot causing havoc too!! I'm a bit of a pushover sometimes, and need to actually follow through on consequences!

By the way thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog, I always feel so encouraged by them x

Rebecca said...

Oops choppy is me Rebecca!

Shelley said...

Well I just want to say you are amaaazzzing! An amaaaazzzzzing Mum, an amaaaaaazing friend, have amaaaaazzzzing gorgeous girls and are amaaaazzzingly lovely too. Love you girlfriend! Mwah, mwah xxx Shelley :)