Sunday, September 18, 2011

turning a corner





This year has been a tricky one for me.
Not easy (not that it should be).  Painfully normal.
It's September and I've been feeling more and more like my word for 2011 was OVER.  Not a more positive word - I was  feeling like life was all OVER the place.
Not Somewhere over the rainbow.
More like Woman overboard.
Over it.
Over and out.




But today I feel like i did the above, turned a corner.
Several things contributed to the turnover i experienced today.
I invited quite a few wonderful people for lunch, changed a few things round in my house, my current situation got recognised by precious friends and spoken about and we as a family were more than ourselves today.  I was hugged, loved and encouraged by others today.
Life felt again, that it was bigger than myself.
Overwhelmed.  A bit teary.




I began to feel like spring was entering my mind and body, like I was thawing out and experiencing the  new.  I haven't felt like this for a long time. It feels good.







His banner over me is love.
Over and over and over again He turns up, he shows up for me.
It's been a bland year. A hard year. But it's not over yet.






(photos are a few small areas in our home that I adore x)

2 comments:

Gail said...

Hi lovely, yes His banner over you is Love - complete, whole, neverending, amazing love! So glad to hear that spring has entered your world - praying that you will find more blossoming around that corner!

Brigitte said...

Oh YAY for wonderful precious friends who help soothe the hurts, just by listening and knowing.
So good to read you feel like you've turned a corner and spring has brought on a big thaw! Love it.
I love how you testify to God's goodness: "His banner over me is love. Over and over and over again He turns up, he shows up for me." That. Is. Awesome.
Sending big love to you beautiful amazing gal. Yeah it's very dumb you can't join your mum in her visit to London - you will be missed! I'll make sure she gets lots of photos of 3 cute little boys in particular ;) xx