Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Another rainy day


This is possibly the best cheesecake recipe I’ve made. And I’ve made a few. I’ve possibly eaten a lot more!

375 g plain biscuits
200g butter melted
500g cream cheese, softened
1 c caster sugar
3 eggs separated
1 TBSP cornflour, sifted
2 t vanilla extract
2 c sour cream
¼ lemon juice

preheat oven 150c. process the biscuits until fine, transfer to a medium bowl. Stir butter until combined, press the biscuit mixture evenly. Plan pan on an oven tray, refrigerate while preparing filling.

Beat cream cheese, ¾ c sugar, egg yolk and cornflour in a large bowl until smooth. Add the vanilla, sour cream and juice, beat until combined.

Beat egg whites until soft peak. Gradually add the remaining ¼ c sugar, beating until dissolved. Fold egg white into cream cheese mixture.

Spread the filling into the biscuit crust, bake the cheesecake for about 1 hr and 15 min, or until it just set. Cool in oven with the door ajar. This helps to prevent the cheesecake from cracking. Serve the cheesecake at room temp.

Today I was feeling agro, that time of the month perhaps or whatever else is going on in my body for this week – whatever, I was agro. It had been raining on and off and I just needed to go for a walk. Poor L. She has the chicken pox, but we put our raincoats on (just incase it dared rain again) and off we went. We got all the way into town and most of the way home before it rained. Legendary. On the way we played this game I’d made up. It’s called “I like” and you just have to say one thing you like. The next person can agree, “yeah I like that too” and/or just say what they like. It’s a very positive game. And some incredible things come out. L told me she would like a plane that flew through the air when you pressed a button and also a doll that ate lollies that came out it’s bottom to be used again in the bowl. Emmmmm. Off the top of my head, I said I liked chocolate and coconut together, parties …… to name a few. It was good to get out of the house, walk and play the game. Last Oct someone asked me what I liked (can’t remember if I have written about this) and I found it hard to think of what I liked as life had been swallowed up with being busy helping everyone else. Now I am able to see more clearly what I do love and I’m actually doing some of it.

One thing I love is baking and the reason the recipe is above, is because I was given the ingredients to make it and I need to make it tomorrow so the cream cheese doesn’t expire. What a shame. To have to make a delicious cheesecake and then decide what to do with it! It’s going to be hard. What to do? What to do?

(the picture is a dish we made for christmas, 07, thanks bec)

No comments: