Saturday, April 18, 2009

the holidays of April


A beautiful baby has been born, two actually! loads of fantastic friends have been visited, a dinner party out with gorgeous friends, organising functions with another, planning future events with some and playing loads of games with the girls. Sleeping in even, hearing bad news and good, seeing relatives, having smoke alarms going off, making pikelets and feijoa loaf.
The holidays are bliss.
Going to the library, hearing chit chatter through the window while hanging washing out, the sun shining - i am in love with that in the April holidays! Having concerts, eating chocie eggs, talking to a psychologist about parenting and learning some valueable hints, drinking late's and enjoying every mouthful with whatever friend i'm with. The holidays are such a great idea. Whoever made them up needs to be thanked!
The weather is something i'm truly thankful for. ive felt the warmth of the sun when i've expected the coldness. I nearly melted the other day when i wore a merino on the hottest day in the world, with no change of clothing available! I still was glad of the sun that day. I am thankful for the insightful conversations i've had, the hardish questions from friends i've needed to answer which are helping me process the place my heart is in at present. Thank you my friends. You are like champion cheerers who never give up caring or cheering. I love laughing and crying and doing life with you. Even if you live far away, you are the 'still waters' i enjoy so much.
Thank you my girls for the cuddles and the cards, for the insightful conversations and dances we have together. Can you please sing me wobbly tooth again? i'm not sure i'll ever be sick of you both screeching, i mean singing that song to me. I love it how you organise breakfast most mornings for me now. i appreciate that so much, as i whisk through the house crazily doing other important chores!
I will miss you next week, when you stay a few days away from me. You make me smile so much.

1 comment:

caz said...

oh YAY you are wearing my favorite T-shirt!!