Sunday, April 26, 2009

ending the holidays





I've loved these holidays, mostly for the change of routine and not having to make school lunches! It's been incredibly sunny all of the holidays and i've been in awe of that, considering last year it was very freezing!
I have been particularly emotional today. I'm putting it down to a tiring week with the conference i was at and also having to repeat the same answers to "how are you doing?"! the girls had a topsy turvey week as i imagined. They went to d's house for quite a few nights and my mum's and then spent the weekend at d's. As i said goodbye again on Fri, they tried to run away from teh car i was trying to put them into. They screamed and cried and didn't want to go. The things i had taught them regarding what to do in topsy turvey times, kind of flew out the window, well so i thought!
We'd talked about different ways to handle the feelings that they may be going through during this last week. but it came down to them feeling like it was just too much and they needed to react to it, rather than respond. Fair enough i say. they are so young and hardly mature enough to respond with their hearts as opposed to their bodies, each flippin time this happens. So K said some mean things to me and as i let her go, i only remember her tossing her head away saying: "just do what you have to do", with a very angry look. Ahhhhh it killed me inside and i cried rivers as i drove away. I felt so powerless to rescue my little ones from this awful pain.
So today comes and i'm wondering what to do. I'll just leave the conversation till tomorrow, perhaps when they have settled back into life at their normal home. The first thing K did when she jumped out of daddy's car was run to me, wanting a 'private conversation'. I've never heard her ask for that before. I was intrigued and slightly scared at what it may be about!
"i'm sorry mum, I'm so sorry. I've been thinking about it the whole time i've been away and how i've wanted to say sorry to you. I couldn't stop thinking about it but couldn't ring you as i didn't think i would be allowed to have any privacy to talk to you. I've missed you mum and i'm so glad i'm home." As she sat on the loo later, "oh mum i missed our lovely home". And again at dinner, some heartwarming conversation.
this was way better than i expected. I love that about God. He is full of surprises and the seeds that are sown, truly do produce fruit. Thank you God for this holiday. i anticipated the hardness of it and fully expected it to be terrible when away from the girls, but it has been a blessing.
A good ending to the holidays. Thank you to my lovely friends for the great times over these last two weeks. Love ya.

No comments: