Wednesday, November 18, 2009

How precious we are to Him



Recently I was in a worship time in a small room of woman, with a cd player, just listening and waiting. Sometimes i hear nothing when i do this but this time there was an overwhelming sense of Him doing something in me.
I immediately (when the CD started) got a picture of a painted work in a friends office.
I had been in love with this picture and how crazy it was that the girls leaping out was a cute wee poppet and that she was smiling and looking so darn cute.
It kind of made me laugh. It definately made me smile.
Anyway as i was recalling this i got some words floating round in my head: Let go. Let go. Let go.

Probably after 20 minutes of sitting in this lovely time, two trusted and delicious woman came along praying for each woman. I had already thought that the picture i was reminded of and the words i was given by Him were enough. But no. The message really needed to get through to me.

The first lady, Margie, got a picture of big hand with a little girl - she called her Thumberlina (and asked if i knew the story). She said that the the Thumberlina was tiny in His hand and felt God wanted to tell me that He can handle anything, as we keep looking at Him. She described a picture of the wee Thumberlina shaking her wee fist at the Maker. Nothing was too much for Him to handle. She encouraged me to point my frustration or whatever, to Him. Another picture came of Thumberlina lying on the ground turning her face away from the Maker. I was encouraged to keep looking at Him.
The second lady, talked of me letting go.

So to have a word from God, given twice, is a pretty clear message. I am daily having to let go of the control i like to have or need to have even if i haven't really got it! Possibly doesn't make sense BUT i'm learning to abandon myself to Him, leaping out like the wee princess in the picture.

No comments: