Saturday, November 21, 2009

a little bit of Christmas

After reading other blogs, I’ve def started thinking Christmas! I’ve bought presents and even wrapped them so I’m not left with wrapping till midnight on Christmas eve!

Here is a little of our thinking. We’ve been saving yoghurt containers for months with the purpose of making them into gifts to give others at Christmas. I’m hopeful the girls will not just give to their mates. I will be encouraging them to give to neighbours and others who maybe need a ‘lift’. God gave his only son for us. What a giver. I’m hopeful that we can catch that spirit of giving too.

So the yoghurt containers are being decorated and the cookies are starting to be made (and frozen till needed). All good fun.

Not much cost either!

Things I’m thinking about at the mo ……

My hands are covered with superglu. It oozed out when I opened the new packet and went all over my hands. It’s not painful but it is painful as I look like I have some leprous disease on my hands. It’s kind of like the coolness of having PVA stuck to your hands except it’s way harder to get off!

12. I’ve loved that number for the last year. I’ve appreciated it when I’ve gone into shops and assistants have said I’m definately that number. I’m slightly scared of 14 at the moment, but I’ve def been loving 12. I was glad when I got pnemonia, that I wasn’t hungry for about 3 days. I thought that would help maintain that 12 or even lessen it. That was a short-lived moment and due to the lack of walking and the continued joy of the ‘lonely-night’ snacks, I’m more worried about 14 than the joy of 12! Moving to a new city and not knowing many folk, they met me as I was. Me, 5 or so kg’s lighter than I was previously to the move. All induced by the stress of a husband who wasn’t wanting to be one and the prickles or stabbings of pain that went with that. People here have mostly only known me to be closer to the 12 and not the 14. I laugh as I write this. I know it doesn’t matter what size I am to God. I must confess however, that it’s probably the one bonus from the whole disaster zone, that I’ve enjoyed. Being slighter. Feeling a little more confident. So 12, you can stay. I like you, a lot. As I type this I am noticing little bits of white superglu flickering their way around the keyboard. Crazy.

The landlord is putting insulation in the floor and ceiling and a proper fireplace with a special system that pumps it throughout the house! This is an answer to prayer and I’m stoked. We live in a beautiful wee place but it’s also an icebox.

The lettuces and tomato plants are growing. I’ve even planted a corgette plant so I’m hopeful for that one to produce! Do I need to talk to them too? I’ve quite enjoyed watching the growth and I’ve enjoyed the feeling of success.

I was praying with a friend the other day explaining that I’m a little tired of the tension of having faith for d to come back and living in the reality of what it actually looks like – zippo. She is great, I can say anything and she always draws me back into prayer no matter what we are talking about. She prayed about a yappy dog and how it keeps bringing the ball back and back, like the persistent widow in the bible. After the prayers, I wrote the words ‘yappy dog’ down, to remind me to keep coming back to God.

My friend Amy is writing about ‘light’ at the moment. Thank you God, You are the light in the darkness. You are the way, the truth and the life. You are my way, my truth and my life. You are my superglu.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Hi Sj,

Wow! I've been reading around your blog a bit.... and have been brought to tears many times. Like my friend Rebecca (I see you have her link in your sidebar) I am inspired by your stretch to God during such a difficult time. It is inspiring. He is steadfast. This morning in church our pastor talked about how God's wisdom can bring a harvest out of hardness.... Romans 8:28 .... God is able to work all things together for good.

I hope you don't mind me praying this word over you and your girls.... that even the hard pathways will overflow with HIS abundance.

I love your idea for Christmas too. Your girls are blessed to have a creative mamma!
And as for 12!!!!! I am getting there (again) I am probably most naturally a large 12 small 14..... but gosh, this time of the year is dynamite.

Bless you!
Gailx