Wednesday, November 25, 2009

the night before thanksgiving

not a creature was stirring!
actually i had one extra child sleeping in my bed and one extra child on the floor, all so the mothers could head out for dinner!
Grandma was babysitting my two and my friends two.
There were four of us for dinner. A lovely restaurant.
Lemon chicken pasta salad looked delicious but i ordered the lamb chop which had to be cooked again as it was running around on my plate - ahhhhh, why on earth did i order the lamb chop? Did really need to go back to my childhood cravings?
Everyone was a bit sheepish about sharing their 'thanksgiving note' (a small idea i'd had for a few years) but we somehow got brave and did it. Funny being worried about it as it was a beautiful moment in the evening. It was simple, grateful and straight to the point. One wrote a poem, another included a bible verse, one wrote of being thankful for her red kenwood mixer and her singleness (loved those fun thoughts) and i wrote this:
I am thankful for the ride (i thought it was hannah montana but she sings being 'thankful for the climb' That's what i meant!). I'm thankful that along the journey of my life there are stops along the way, like refreshments in the form of laugh,s beautiful friends, moments where He speaks through creation, humour, movies, even tears and especially prayers.
I'm thankful that in my brokeness he adores me (Chris Tomlins - "he sees the depths of my heart and loves me the same").
It was the coolest wee thing in the middle of a meal. We felt so silly at first but it was lovely sharing those thoughts of gratefulness.
thank you America for having thanksgiving day. We stole the idea and will do it again next year i hope!
Gutted i forgot the camera.

No comments: