Saturday, May 22, 2010

3 times a bridesmaid ......




I do recall that little jingle being said to me as i was coming up to and over that no of bridesmaid duties. I tried to ignore it. I wasn't going to get married it appeared, at the same time as others.

I loved being a bridesmaid, the latest one i was in was one where the Bride won Bride of the Year. My beautiful second cousin Alex asked me to be part of the party. And we got to be in a magazine! The local barista told me i was in the magazine, at the time of publication. "Oh my goodness - what were you doing reading that magazine?" i replied.

There have been 9 wonderful times, all different and all beautiful and dear friends. I'm still hopeful for number 10. Harder as you hit your 30's!









And there are more!

Bride of the year and the Lloyds do the bridesmaid thing together ......


and i've even had the priviledge of marrying many friends ..........

And somewhere in the middle of those momentous celebrations, there was my own, dated 22 May 1999.


My body-guard brothers walked me down the isle and sang with me in the car on the way to ceremony .....

The diabetic bride....



My special friends, Sarah, Ange, Chrissy and Anna ..........


Funny thing is, i'm just about to send divorce papers off, as d hasn't seemed to have got round to it. We would have been married 11 years today ...... and i'm alright about that.
Truthfully it's been good for my heart to look over photos and see the many great times i've had, many with d as part of the package. And that's alright too. I think i'll need to look over the photo albums again soon, with more detail. Maybe when looking through them, God will speak again or bring another bout of healing, or just some joy from the incredible life i feel i've lived so far.

I loved being bridesmaids to my friends. I've dearly loved marrying people too. Marriage is a wonderful idea of God's. I'm hopeful that this ditty is not true: 9 times a bridesmaid, one time a bride, never a bride again.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow you must be a very special person to have been a bridesmaid that many times!!
You'll be married again one day for sure, you're a beautiful person inside and out I'm thinking!

PS I recognised Karley and Jeremy on one of the pics!!

Brigitte said...

A lovely heart-felt post, just beautiful. You are a gorgeous woman and I am inspired by the way you live your life with so much passion & love for God and your family.
I love the photos and that you have been a bridesmaid 9 times! Impressive.
I especially love the one with your brothers as body-guards. And so they always will be!
We just spent a lovely morning and most of the afternoon with Matty & Sezzy - they are so flippin awesome it hurts!! ;-)
Thinking of you today sweetheart and sending you a BIG HUG from London XO

Amy said...

Big thoughts. You are amazing, what a beautiful way to blog about sending off your divorce papers. With hope, and memory and such tenderness towards those lovely brides. I know God's plans for you are full of favour and delight. There are no limits. And that includes marriage. Let's try to catch up on the phone this week if you are free. xx

Fiona said...

How blessed you are Sezzy, to have so many friends who love you and want you to be a part of their special day....I remember as a kid telling you how much I would like you as my bridesmaide....like you, I hope the ditty always the bridesmaide, never the bride is not true - otherwise i am in trouble :). I love looking at your photos, love the pictures of such blessed times and so nice for me to remember some of those great weddings! Bless you Sez, can't wait to see you in June xxx