Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dear Aunty Sez

This is a funny one Sez .......
I had to tell you about it ...... it bought tears to some eyes!
You are regarded so highly in our whare, smiles fill the hut when we talk of you or stare with our google eyes at photos of you, reliving fantastic memories or telling stories of YOU!!

Grandma is here and loves spinning stories with the girls. They often want her to tell a story of some memory of the family ...... yesterdays was no different.

"Grandma, who named me?" said this little dear heart.




I was on the phone, so when i finished there, I had to take over and explained ........

"Your dad and I had thought of a boys name but not a girls name, so we left it for a few days!!! And your Aunty Sarah rang from London to hurry us up and she encouraged us to call you Olivia Kate, because she loved those names. So your Aunty Sarah named you reallly!"

I did not expect this next response. Tears. Little tears pouring down Livvy Lou's cheeks. Tears of joy. Olivia from Bolivia hid her face in the pillow with shy-ness. She didn't have any other explanation other than she felt special, that you, precious Sarah Anne, had helped name her.

Olivia wanted me to tell you this story Aunty Sez. She was not embarrassed that she cried, or worried, just another confirmation of who she is and that she is important and valuable to me and to YOU!

Thanks Aunty S. You are precious indeed.

Oh hey, check out my latest du - felt a little like you whilst getting my head done today. I let my friend Lee cut my hair how she felt best, i have an undercut (like a girls one), long sidies and a straight fringe again (hard to take a photo of myself sorry). Fun, just like you sez. You inspire me, even with your head! Hope you got on the bus today and turned on your cool phone, and found this nice wee story to start your day (actually its prob lunch by now! time for bed for me!). Always loving u.









1 comment:

Fiona said...

Love the new Du Sezzie! HOT!! And love the story of Livvy's name...so special! Such a special wee girl and so blessed to be so loved! You can tell her that Aunty Fi loves the name Olivia...that was what I wanted to call Cheyenne but her dad didn't let me, I got to chose the boys name so i had to be fair :). Love you all xxx