Sunday, October 24, 2010

perfect timing



I have kept thinking about how i didn't want the effort of having to look for a new house for us to live in and that my procrastination in the matter wasn't going to help any.
But yet again, God has reminded me of his good plans (despite my lack of help) and his fabulous timing.
Ending this particular season of my life (although carrying major parts of it into the next, eg my beautiful children), i had felt that an adventure was on its way.  I was up for something new. Part of starting this next episode in the book of our lives has ended up being us shifting house.  And that is an adventure for sure. 
I didn't try very hard to find a place, it seemed too scary looking.  So i put off looking at the one house i thought was quite cool.  Turns out it was in the same street where I know some lovely folk and after casting the idea aside, i spoke with these people - "I was thinking of being your neighbour, joke joke!"  Turns out the house was owned by their relative and they put the good word in, hoped and wa-laaaaah, we got it.  Simplicity indeed.






So back where we live now, life is changing but there's still time for scooter riding and home-made pizza with friends.


Boxes have started to appear everywhere.




The girls are whizzing with excitement, even L packed more boxes than myself on Saturday.




Some bits of our new pad:








Amongst moving boxes of guff around to the new abode, there are definately parties to be had!



I've always wanted to have a party where girls get together wearing their old brides dresses (borrowed or their own) or bridesmaids dresses (borrowed or their own), some canapes at someones home to get our confidence pumping and then out to hit the town with our frocks!  So this Saturday it's my 'together' party.  It's funny as it's fallen around the same time as my d-vorce coming through but it really has nothing to do with that.  It's about having an excuse to have some fun and to wear something that most women only get to wear once.




The invite says:
'they say two are better than one.  Thank you for making my one better.
Let's frock up and have some fun..........  


This party is a small part of the adventure too.  There are all sorts of different friends from around the town we live in, coming.  And the adventure here, is doing life with them.  I love it how God is everywhere, in the fun too.  


Party, whether the timing is right or not.  Why not?



2 comments:

Gail said...

I hope you have a wonderfully fun night!! I love the idea of it! (though squeezing into my dress would be an event in itself!)

Hope the move is easy-as for you too! cool that your girlies are excited!

Amy said...

FUN! So chuft you have a new (warmer?) house. Loving you xxx