Sunday, June 19, 2011

the good old days in twenty eleven



We went to the local skate rink on Fri.
Oh my goodness what a great and groovy time.
5 bucks for a good time is all it costs - every Friday night if you wanna!

(photos are slightly arty as not sure how to get my amazing camera to take amazing photos in the darkness with the disco lights!)


My friends and I took our children for a fun night out.
Truth is we all were a bit jealous of the fun the kids were having and the groovy moves some of the older people were doing on the rink.  
Plus it was freezing waiting on the side for a few hours while the kids sweated up a storm.
Next time, we say, we'll be in with a grin on the rink!

This adventurous child even went in the speed racing comp and she did famously well.
I loved watching her come alive!  
I recall those feelings of bliss and freedom as a child, circling the rink again and again to the groovy sounds pumping.


This younger poppet mostly rode on one blade but as we go more, she'll get confidence and be a rider like her sis.  She still seemed to love rolling round on one foot.


Let the good times roll I say.
The mums will be rolling next time too!
Thanks Shell and Han, bliss doing life wit u xx
Matt and Sez, when you come over next, we are so taking you to the rink for you to strut your stuff and to remember the good old days!

No comments: