Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Joyful Joyful

I read a blog lately where the author commented on how much she loved Christmas.  It made me want to get re-envigorated for it and so i've started. 
  It is a bit of a silly season in some ways, but there are beautiful things which I try to thread through into our lives.

This year it's the new advent tree that I created, the first child to see the days little parcel pegged up, is the one allowed to open up and see what's inside. It ! way better in the non-photo version (ah loving two toned twine).


I'm trialling a thing called the Jesse tree which precious Pip (friend of yonks) told me about.  The best ideas are often from my pals.  We read a section of the Story most days for advent and the girls colour in matching decorations to make our own Jesse Tree.  It's good so far, hoping the novelty won't wear thin.

Ah the home-made wreath.  A little bit of yummy.


The disco-ball tree and matching corner

           

The Immanuel nativity.  Always reminding, God with us.

              

Hope Christmas isn't the silly season for you but that there are incredible moments of remembering and loving in the reason for the season.

                 

(PS Shell, hoping your woollen nativity is doing it's thang in your whare at present x)

No comments: