Thursday, December 15, 2011

movin on up

Moving on .... here's a great wee story of yesterday

I was out doing the rubbish or something exciting like that and i discovered this fantastic gift basket sent from some friends in England. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, to me.  Precious.  Delicious surprise treats which one wouldn't often buy for oneself.


But wait, there's more. 
Same morning, ten minutes later.......
I discover a secret santa has visited.  
I leave it (as it's not for me) and let the girls know that when they are ready for school - there is a special surprise for them. 
Kindly and funly enough they thought it was to get a look at one of my roses that had bloomed.  yeah, no, not that!



Down at the letterbox, with a picture of santa on the front, were a few wee surprises.


A beautiful homemade card and a fun present full of goodies.
Delight and surprise all on the same morning. oh so nice.


So nice!  

I likened moving on (a little more info on the title of this post), despite the situation you are in, as like being in the middle of a storm but somehow being at the calmest part of the deep ocean you are in.  Down below maybe, but where it is still and where the waves can't get you (with some flippin good breathing equipment).
I feel His presence and I really like it. He calms my heart when I worry and as a child would sing that song "he's got the whole world in his hands".....  I guess i feel that, for me, right here in the little city i live in. He's got my back.
And maybe, in a beautiful way, he turns up as a secret santa or as a lucious gift basket to say, "Hello, I'm here and I've got it".

So nice.


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Love it! Reminds me of that bit in a psalm which says; "pools of blessing in the valley of baca" What beautiful friends you have x