Sunday, August 23, 2009

the oven is clean

It's a cracker of a week this week - it's show time!
We had a day of rehearsals today, two more this week and then the show on Fri and Sat at our church.
I was so proud of my girls today. They turned up to church at 1pm after a weekend with daddy and were so excited. They could hardly contain their jittery giggles as the cute spotty dresses went on and they joined the group of crazy kids for a rehearsal. Apart from not being able to keep their sweet dresses over their knees, showing their undies to all watching, they did brilliantly! I debriefed with Liv tonight as she was still singing the songs lying in bed ready for sleep time! "i just loved being on stage mum". So cute.
It's a big week. A funeral for my dear friend's mum amidst the crazy other stuff.
My friend is doing so well. It's hard to comprehend birth and death in the same time frame. A baby girl one day. The sad, sad passing of a mummy the next. I am expectant my friend will experience the complete and utter love of God as she goes through the pain of loss.
Last week was a crazy one too, but on the blowing up oven level! I even cleaned it due to the fright of being without it for a day!
I talked with d on Fri and it was a better talk than any other i've prepared for. The prep, in hindsight, was the most difficult part of it. Looking over old stuff reminding me of what was and perhaps could be again, only different. It was heartbreakingly hard to hand that to God knowing that I can't control d but that i can hope and pray that he would keep being soft to God's promptings.
It was more of an obedience thing really. Hearing God speak. Doing what He's asked. The talk was simple, he was noticeably moved about some of the things i shared. No remarks except "thanks". And that is fine. So much better than any other response i've had over this pebbly path i've been on.
If my girls ask in years to come, for advice, i can reply easily regardless of the outcome. I did all i felt God called me to do and I did everything I knew to do to save our marriage. Thus far.
I am in awe of God amidst the storm and amidst the calm.
He is everything beautiful to me.

No comments: