Thursday, August 27, 2009

springy glittery times

Crazy week
Undescribable tiredness
Long rehearsals
Cake making for the show
Funeral attending. Funeral speaking. Death's emotions.
Walking slowly to the jobs i have to do.
Many, many phone conversations.
Faithfully (well trying) to connect on a level that helps my friend with her loss.
And in the middle of all of this, God speaks.
When i feel i haven't even tried to listen, He loves.
A verse from Song of Solomon on email from an long-time friend - "The winter has gone, the spring has come. flowers appear on the earth, the season of singing is here".
Don't you love spring? The Magnolia's, the Rhododendrins, the cherry blossoms. Love them all, love what they represent.

Tomorrow is the day we lost a baby, two years ago. I'm mindful of it but also challenged by it. How could this date connect me with d somehow? I'm thinking (usually first thoughts are the ones i seem to go with, if i'm brave enough!) i might text and remind him, if that is possible to do nicely over 160 characters!
Death does something, it certainly has done something with my friends family. For a moment in time, there is this amazing love and 'togetherness' that may not have been so evident before. Maybe i can hope that in being 'obedient' to a small thought (which i'm recognising as God speaking on ocassion), that life can spring up.

I bought some glitter hairspray today for the girls hair, in the show tomorrow. I used to buy it all the time or have a supply at home, so that every wedding i went too, i'd spray some in - remember that any friends who joined me in that crazy tradition? i might glitter myself up tomorrow night with my own wee ones. How much fun is glitter to a girl? not quite as fun as new shoes, but right up there i reckon.



No comments: