Thursday, June 26, 2008

Our girl


My darling girl. You are 5 now and that is 5 years of wonder for me. You are amazing. You have such a cheerful and happy personality. I am in awe of you. Your learning at school is going so well, you can pick up a book at home and do pretty well at getting the main words in that story. I am amazed but I shouldn’t be. You are a clever and special girl.
I have especially liked the way you have been letting others choose what they want, over the last few weeks. You share an idea but then add, with no prompting from me, “but you do what you think is best mum”, or “but you choose your favourite mum”. I think you are so kind.
This year has been a hard year for our family. But I am amazed at how strong you are. The first day you were going to stay with daddy, I was a mess. I had prayed that God would use you when you were with daddy, but God allowed you to be used with me. It was so cool. You asked me what was wrong and I replied that I would miss you. You then quoted Ps 118 verse 6 – Mum the Lord is with you, you need not be afraid. You came later to my ear, when daddy arrived. You whispered in a strong prophetic voice: “Mum do not be afraid. God is with you.” You also made me write it up on the whiteboard to remind myself. You are only 5!
You are funny Kaiya. You enjoy laughing and making us laugh. You like your own space as well but are also quite happy to have wonderful cuddles or play talking games with me in bed, when I’m not quite ready to get up and face the world for the day! I am sorry that you have had to see mummy sad this last wee while. You are perceptive and caring and God has used you to bless me incredibly.
You are a great singer, and you love learning dance now. You are creative in youru play – being a teacher is the way you love to play at the moment with your sister being one of the poor students being bossed around by you. You are arty and draw incredible pictures. One day we drew a picture of dad – a gingerbread man outline and we drew and wrote all the things we missed about him. You drew his shorts – funny, his heart, and some other things. We used it to pray for daddy later and this is what you prayed: “God may daddy choose the right option of coming to live with us. Bring his heart to us in the place we live. God thank you that you are our daddy when Dad’s not here. If later on, daddy chooses never ever ever ever ever to live with us, I pray we would be OK” Wow, You are a stunner. You are so real and so delicious and I love you so much.

No comments: