Friday, December 26, 2008

Hello Birthday



Here you are again. It was good to see you, thanks for coming. You seem to come up quickly yet it takes a long time for you to appear. This year you were kind to me, considering how I felt about you arriving. There was no cake though. Our birthdays always have cake. I think I forgot and also couldn’t be bothered. But it was a fine and fun day, thank you Birthday.
We went out for lunch after church, with some friends. I ate cake then – a citrus tart at a French pasterie. Delicious. It’s always important to have you turn up, Birthday, so there is another good reason to eat delicious things.
When you turned up Birthday (and even before you had turned up), I got some lovely presents: In NZ I got a chocolate cooking book (Donna Hay), a Rhubarb white plate with red dots (lovely), a K-Mix blender, a notebook, a book of poetry with a pashmina, a mag subscription for 'dish; and here in London I got a groovy skirt, a matching top, some Lindt chocolates, 4 tops and beautiful cards.
Indeed I was spoilt.
Thanks for coming birthday. I didn’t think I’d enjoy your presence but it was a pleasant surprise. A quiet and peaceful day, a few extra cuddles due to you turning up, not much thought of sad things.
A good day. You can come again. Many times.

No comments: