Sunday, December 21, 2008

map reading 4 girls



Navigating our way around London is mostly fine. Mum did comment today that her map reading skills weren’t that good. I think she does pretty well for 60, but we clashed a bit with our differing views of how to get places, which was funny (not at the time) as neither of us really had any clue, and if I was honest, she had more of a clue than me.
Amongst the annoyance of taking a long time to get to our destination, somewhere in there, I just felt like crying. It came over me for a brief moment and I pushed it aside, as there wasn’t any time for crying amidst the winter wonderland we were experiencing. There were rides, german sausage, mulled wine, more rides and stalls galore to explore. It was a fun time at Hyde park ‘Winter wonderland’. I think navigating the toilets (which you had to pay 30p to use), loaded trains at non-peakhour times, bad bad coffee, the 12 million people (some rude), I just felt a little overwhelmed. I soon got over it and the rest of the day was lovely.
I was reminded later that day as I talked with my bro, that it’s about choices. Little did I realise that again I wasn’t talking to anyone but myself. I have choices each day to make about how I’ll react and some days I fail miserably. Today was a bit of a failing but yeah that tomorrow comes and we get to start again and try a different route to get to where we’re going.
Also it was toe-biting frozen today. I was warm all over (thank the Lord for Merino) apart from my face. And it really felt it, my poor wee face. Even the girls commented on the temp. I have been impressed with how great the weather has been but not now. I am living in my freezer. When outside anyway.

No comments: