Friday, December 26, 2008

What i remember of a fabulous day





It was incredible waking up to K kissing me saying “Merry Christmas mummy”
It was the same having my bro arrive and us talking to our bro and famiy in Australia. We were on the phone for 2 hours whilst making pancakes, showering, reading new books to the girls and getting ready for our day.
It was surreal, cute and a blessing opening a few presents with my family. It felt a bit small. We were a small no on this day. But it was beautiful and fun.
I loved going to friends in London, where M and S live. We had our lunch at 3:50 and it was 6 courses. Sadly we needed to leave at around 8 as the girls were tired but it was a wonderful, drawn out affair. There were twinkling fairy lights, kids playing happily, swimming in our undies (well the girls anyway), movie watching, wine drinking (juice for the kids), nibbles, Christmas shaped cookies, Italian soup, salad (made of pamham, lettuce, mozzarella, figs and dressing, risotto, lamb shanks with potato, and snow peas, incredible cheesecake, coffee and a cheeseboard).
There were a few moments where I felt alone, but nothing that was ridiculous. I have thought about how I could draw my strength from God and my thoughts to God more as I come up against these feelings. It’s not a natural thing to do so I tend to just breathe in and think about something else. I am hopeful for a real training of my heart in this area.
There were tears. A gorgeous Danish woman sharing a bit of her story, her loss of a child and her finding that God chooses people who aren’t worthy or deserving of His choice. Yet he chooses and I am encouraged.
Thanks God for Christmas. We talked about why you may have chosen to have the King of Kings born in a stable and not a more royal place. The girls had a few ideas and it was a good discussion. The more we talk about you, the more you get glorified and the more we sense you in our lives. Today was a great day, thanks.

No comments: