Friday, December 12, 2008

Oh to be a queen ....



Windsor Castle – we went to see Lizzy today. My Olivia kept reminding me that her name was Elizabeth, but sadly she wasn’t available for tea and scones. It was our second visit to the castle (in as many as 3 years) and it was wonderful. The girls enjoyed an audio tour for kids and mum and I enjoyed that too. Today was freezing however. I felt the need for a balaclava but it doesn’t seem very popular over here. I have this incredible scarf tube thing, borrowed from a friend (a moochi one!) which is rather handy when I need to cover my face up with a tube of wool! The girls are handling the weather particularly well and are very keen for snow. I on the other hand, am not so keen on snow and preferred the milder weather from last week. BUT I still haven’t had to put my thermal legs on. Mind you mum did talk about how the guard probably was wearing long johns today, infront of him. He is not allowed to talk or smile so it seems, but mum got him smiling. I felt a little embarrassed but soon got over it! A brilliant day and even better as I got the internet going at our wee flat we are staying at!

No comments: