Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Some deeper musings



Some groovy things of late ….
Matt, my tender hearted bro, giving me quite a few pounds to spend on myself, thus far I’ve bought Tana Ramsay’s new cooking book, Dawn French’s ‘Dear Fatty’ which is a very funny read, and some leather gloves (sounds nerdy but I’ve always wanted some)!
Going out for Thai with my wonderful Sarah (gorgeous friend and matt’s wifey) and catching up
Making Christmas decorations with the girls – sewing even!
Watching ‘Flight of the concords’ and ‘Arrested development’ (TV series) which I’ve found particularly funny (not at all educational, just funny!)
Reading a few books – the Shack, Dear Fatty and ‘the curious incident of the dog in the night-time’ (a book about an aspergeous syndrome kid)
Having family come round most nights to hang out
Of course tripping around London most days has been spectaular!
Making a Home made tree, thinking it might make the next ‘home and garden’ Christmas edition magazine!
Mum and I have had quite a few laughs, at each others expense and we’ve also worked as a pretty good team, as bossy as each other!
Finding a Milly Molly Mandy Chapter book for K to read, her first ever chapter book which she is in love with!
Girls loving being here, far away from everything normal. They are adoring seeing their Uncle and Aunty and all their special adult friends.

Dumb things of late ….
The girls loving chocolate croissants too, that means I need to buy more than one when I’m feeding my own addiction!
Being sick with the flu and the embarrassment of nearly breaking my ankle, after only falling down one stair, in Paris!
L being sick, for quite a few days with a very high temp. That has worried me a bit. Funny thing was today when she said “dumb-Lord” (her expression to God after him supposedly not answering her prayer!), she was better within 20 minutes. It was a dramatic change in her physical well-being. That was a good thing.

This month, a year ago, our lives as we knew it fell apart. It hasn’t made my time stink, but I do think about it, esp over this last weekend. It is good (not a dumb thing) to look over and see how much God has done in and through us this year, it’s hard to express actually but I know that I am different. There is pain and there is death and there is resurrection. I guess I’m hopeful again, that this next stage is the ‘resurrection’ stage. The stage where we all look different, where we are changed (almost unrecognizable), and where we are alive. The control freak in me wishes that we could see some signs of ‘resurrection’ in d. the control freak in me has to realize that I can’t control that and that maybe I wouldn’t recognize what that would look like in him either! Emmmm.

The last great thing I’m thinking about regarding the holiday we're on– no routine tomorrow, ah what to do? And I don’t even have to worry about it. I'm appreciating that.

No comments: